Seriously?

With all systems a go, all we need to do is get up and go get our COVID Rapid Antigen test performed.  A small window is open to crossed Thursday through Friday and not much thereafter for a bit so now is the time.  

Ed and Mari-Etta were kind enough to loan us their car so we could drive to the “walk-in” clinic.  Forty-five minute wait to register and then a two hour wait to test.  That two hours gave us time to pick up our last minute greens from Publix and bring back to the boat.  We also had time to get a quick sandwich before heading back up to Advanced Urgent Care for the actual “event”.  


A Rapid Antigen test will deliver verified results with fifteen minutes and is accepted by the Bahamian government.  I was the first one to get the call from the nurse.  She asked about my health history, weight and height and then instructed me to come in and head to room five.  We are almost done.  She told me the process for gathering the sample and my eyes were watering just at the thought of someone swabbing my sinuses.  “Keep you eyes wide open” she instructed.  Yeow!!!!!  Not bad….just a little awkward.  Now the wait.  



In the meantime Greg was called into room three…..with more pre-diagnostic information to get from him, the nurse is coming out of his room after taking his blood pressure as I am walking out with my positive results in my hand.  Not happy about it at all, I stand outside waiting on Greg to get his results.  We are two for two!  Both positive!  



Now we have a five day quarantine with two days symptom free before we can retest.  So with that we are off to recover from our COVID “colds” and pray that the next test comes back negative.  The weather window has closed pretty much for a week so that will give us time to work on better results.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossing the Gulf of Mexico

Pea Soup and Patience

Moving our Site